Tuesday, September 2, 2008

You leave to go grocery shopping and come home to this!!!!!!!!!!





Lets see where do I start! Well it started with a great weekend, Boyd and I and the kids headed to Payson to go visit Hannah and Billy where they were camping (pictures to come) and Boyd decided to get supplies to make some delious dutch oven cobbler while we were there, we spent the night and fished the next day and had a great time, we left Sunday Afternoon and drove through Roosevelt lake area and was so surprised how much water was in the Lake, stopped and ate at El Ray the best Mexican food place so good, yes i do feel alittle guilty because it was Sunday, but these situations don't happen to often in the Shill home! okay maybe sometimes when necessary ! We get home had a great weekend and wake up Monday morning Boyd mowing the Lawn (yes i was so surprised not his favorite thing to do) and I helped with weed eating, cause I know that all the women out there know that we are famous for our weed eating talents! So then it happens Boyd gets a phone call from Willie "hey Dad i need a huge favor" Boyd yes....Can you come up and help me I just shot a Deer, Well of course Boyd does not hesitate and quickly goes in and showers and is on his way! I did have to remind him that the reason we came home a day earlier was to avoid the traffic from this Holiday.. but that didn't change his mind.. he was off, I finished up the yard, got cleaned up and went grocery shopping.. came home and this was hanging from my back porch!!! I ask why didn't Willie take this to his house and cut it up there?.. But we all know its way better at your parents house and you have Dad there to help, thank goodness the garbage was coming the next morning.. Well Willie Mom is proud of you and your hunting skills and wiliness to hunt till you get your prize..now we will all have meat for the Winter!!!! you too Camie! ha I know that if my family was ever in a situation in our lives that we have to depend on the wilderness to survive that we would not go hungry!! Thanks Willie for making Oscar's day also he was so excited and so interested while watching Willie and his Dad.....

7 comments:

Hannah + 4 said...

Could have done without the pictures... Not really what I wanted to see while I was eating lunch! ha Thanks for coming up and hanging around with us, and thanks for the yummy cobler! We had a fun weekend. And since I'm horrible at taking pictures I'll send people to your blog to see pictures of our weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

Ummmmm, that makes me want to barf...vegetarianism is looking better all the time.

Tracy & Kellie said...

My father use to do this when we were kids and it was YUCKY then and doesn't look much better now. He also use to cook with the deer meat and then wait until we said how much we liked the food and then told us we ate deer! Oh, the memories.....

Malissa said...

Ewwwww!! That is really GROSS!!

Will & Camie Shill said...

well eat all you want because i will not be eating any of it. in fact i'm going to have to stop coming for sunday dinner for a year because i know you'll try to slip me some!

Autumn said...

You are so good to put up with it. I am one to be a little paranoid about raw meat and such. I would've wanted to spray my patio down with bleach afterwards!
I don't mind if you want to cut and paste at all. I'm am glad that you found it informative enough to do so. :)

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

Thanks and yes we did wash it all with bleach and my counters too... I guess I shouldn't say we I should say they did!!!!!!