Saturday, September 20, 2008

No Worms! But a Happy Day for Jaquelyn Prince...






So the story goes... Boyd and I and the kids headed up to the Rim this weekend to do some fishing at Bear Mountain, It started off to be a fun weekend we had Willie with us and once we got to Payson his friend Josh was there to pick him up so Willie could help him with his Elk hunt, we ate dinner spent the night in the "Bates Motel" okay not really but cheap hotel because this was going to be a fun cheap get away.. woke up Saturday morning went to the friendly Walmart to get some treats and of course some WORMS mind you for our fun day at the lake.. meanwhile my brother Robert and his family and my Brother in-law Ron and his family were all camping at Bear Mountain so the plan was to go by and visit them and then go do some family fun fishing.. we made it to the camp and enjoyed being with everyone and then it was time to go fishing..Sooooo Boyd looked all over in the back of the truck for the WORMS in fact took everything out, went through all the bags NO Worms looked to see if Oscar had put them inside the truck no Worms.. so I looked on my receipt to see if they even charged us for the Worms and yes there was the charge but no WORMS.. ugh.. I was so mad and all I could picture in my mind was this man at Walmart with this happy cheerie smile on his face who did not give us the bag with the WORMS in it.....needless to say Hallie and Oscar were bummed, but then something happen that was so exciting for all to see, we hear the quad coming and see that there is something on the front of it, and here came Jaquelyn, Preston, Jay and Ron all on one quad with the biggest smiles ever... SO Jaquelyn Shot her FIRST Bull ELK and I might say it was a nice one, she was grinning ear to ear with joy it was so fun for all the little cousin to see and for us too, so we got some good pictures of her.. if any of you know Jaquelyn she is the expert at Bass Pro and can help any one to learn how to tie fly's for fishing, they had a big article on her in the news paper a month ago, she is amazing young women with lots of ambition we are so proud of her, did I mention she shot it with her BOW and she is only 19. What ago Jaquelyn... And then here is my poor sister in-law Laura she is a trooper, broke her foot a couple of weeks ago in Payson on a Quad ride with her family but still continues to be there to support her family, all and all we had a great time and look forward to get some more worms and do some fishing... And maybe go back to Walmart and maybe I should give that happy gentelmen a Worm or too....

5 comments:

Katie said...

Nice! Sounds like a fun weekend!

Ericka Johnson said...

Can't believe she shot that with her bow! Looks like a fun time. I miss camping in AZ. Too bad about the worms!!

Sarah said...

OKAY - how do you know Ericka Johnson? She's my sister-in-law!! I about fell over at 3am when I saw she was one of the people on your list!!

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

she is Boyd's cousin her mom is Boyd's Aunt..small world huh!

Gail said...

Hey Chris, just had to let you know that P.E.I. is seriously the most beautiful, peaceful place on the planet! You're parents are so lucky to have served a mission here. My pic's just don't do it justice!