Saturday, October 25, 2008

What a fun Surprise!!!!


What a fun surprise for me tonight! We have had a pretty busy day from working in the yard to planting flowers then grocery shopping, Halloween costume shopping and then we a had our Ward trunk or treat party.. So after all the events today and After we had got home there was a knock at our door, and their was a sweet sister in our ward with this bag in her had and she gave me a hug and said that she couldn't help but think of me with all the pink that was in the store so she put alittle bag of treats together for me! We call her on the ball sister in our ward she is a very thoughtful person and has it all together.. some of you might know Becky and if you do she is a get it done person... Thank you Becky for thinking about me today... and then Boyd comes home with a Quart size jar on hot sauce that he got from a lady that was selling it to raise money for Breast Cancer! I am so amazed with all the things that they have in stores now for Breast Cancer awareness, sometimes I have to walk by it and pretend I don't see it, I don't know why I have this reaction, I think it makes me go back to the first time I found out and hope that I don't have to ever go through that again and if I pretend not to see these items in the store then I think I pretend i never had it, But then I have to remind myself how much I have learned from having it and how sometimes trials are good, and we have them for a reason, and how thankful that I am for Family and friends who were always there for me cheering me on and for a husband that stood by my side and for my children to help me and comfort me and for me to know that I will fight this for them and then to be blessed with the cutest grand kids and a full head of hair that came back curlier and thicker, So all this pink in the stores are good and I can say to myself I am one of those survivors... Thank you Becky for giving me such a cute bag field with fun things.... And thank you to a Father in Heaven who gave me this trial and how I have learned many things from it....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone needs an on the ball sister in their ward! I love Sister On-The Ball, I have had them in my life too.

I am proud of the way you have stood up to cancer...I hate cancer...cancer really sucks. But you came out the other side, stronger and wiser! Way to go Sistah! I love ya girl!

Karen said...

I just bought five decks of pink cards. We are going to play hours of games and fight breast cancer at the same time!

Malissa said...

How nice of Becky! You should be proud to see all that pink and know you're a fighter and a survivor!!

Gail said...

That was so nice of Becky. She really is on the ball and thoughtful too! You deserve all the thoughtfulness you can get! And by the way...your parents look amazing!!! What a fun reunion with so many there!

Unknown said...

Girl, I admire you and every October when the stores are full of PINK, I remember what an awesome fighter you were and the scars you loved to show off (looked like a shark bite!) and ALL you went through! It was an education to me of what one actually goes through when you have cancer....I had NO idea! One day, there will be someone who will have cancer and you will know exactly what to say and be able to comfort them. And you will look back and say..."Yes, I did it and Yes, I am still kicking....Don't mess with me...I can handle anything now!!!"

You Go Girl!
Love ya, Becky