Thursday, October 30, 2008

Soon he'll be home!


This week Zac was so lucky to be able to go to the Mexico Temple, they are getting ready to dedicate this Temple so he was able to be there and take people on tours through the Temple, while he was there he saw a familiar bus pull up and a family that he taught when he first got to Mexico was in that bus and the saw Zac and ran over and gave him a BIG HUG! Zac was so excited to see them, they will be going through the Temple to be sealed in December, Zac said it was all worth the Two years to see them and hear the GREAT NEWS!




Elder Shill and Elder Arnette in front of the Mexcio Temple


Just another beautiful picture of the Mexico Temple.




Can you believe this!!!!!!! This is a chart that I started when Zac left I am sure it is very familiar with some of you, when I first started this I thought this is going to take FOREVER to fill these little squares up and it seemed like it would be forever doing, and then now look at it there is about 17 squares left to fill that is so exciting for me and it has been such a great experience for us all to have Zac be on his Mission, he has grown so much along with us, it amazes me how much they mature over two years, I think about when he left and how nervous he was and how much he knew he needed to learn over these next two years, and then once he was gone and then letters started coming I could tell that he was grasping so much of the Gospel and loving every minute of it, I have never heard him complane the whole time he has been out he has loved every minute of his mission and he said he wouldn't trade the last two years for anything, Sometimes I wished that I could of had the privilage of serving a Mission just for all the knowledge of scriptures and where they are to be found in the Book of Morman, We were just challenge this past six month from our Stake President to read the Book of Morman and I did take that challenge to heart and I did finish it a couple of days ago, I really did enjoy it this time and understood allot better this round, I am anxious to open it up again and start all over, maybe this will help me to get over my fear when someone ask me were a certain scripture is, maybe i will be able to tell them instead of asking someone else!!!! I am thankful for Missionaries and the sacrifices that thy make for themselves for two years.. We Love you Elder Shill





1 comments:

gray-gang said...

Chris
What an awesome post!! I am so proud of Elder Shill! I bet that was such a neat experience running into that family, what a wonderful way to help bring closure to his mission! It must make him feel so good to see the results of his hard work that will be effecting generation after generation! Yea to you for finishing the Book of Mormon-you must feel so good! We miss you guys-I saw Hallie at church Sunday with Avery..both 2 very beautiful girls! I cant believe how big they BOTH are getting! We just love your family!