Monday, August 11, 2008

BACK TO SCHOOL!




Well lets just say I truly think my kids were excited to start school! alittle nervous but full of excitement! It all started last night, Hallie trying on different outfits oh my I thought i was going to die, Hannah and I just got to the point were we would say say YES wear that, Hallie couldn't decide if she should wear shorts or long pants and what shirt looked the best with shorts, Hannah was laughing Billy was disgusted and said that he hope Avree would not get to that point, Hannah was trying to remind me she wasn't like that starting Jr. High,I had to remind her she was.. finally Hallie picked out what she wanted to wear and all was good, until this morning and the her undershirt was showing to much skin! (which i am so glad that is important to her) so i reminded her that everything was perfect last night and she would be just fine... Oscar was getting his back pack ready last night and setting out his clothes (boys are so easy) he drew a picture for his teacher that he got in primary with a little saying on it (so proud that he is already doing his missionary work) he was all good to go and was so excited to go to school.. We had a great Sunday afternoon with everyone over and after Boyd got back from his meeting at the Church he asked the kids if there was anything special that they thought they needed extra help with this school year! (I love it when he does things like this) after none of them could think of anything or maybe they didn't know quite yet what they needed he asked them if he could give them a school blessing, He has done this with all of my kids from day one when they started the new school year, for those of you that don't know what this is i will try to explain it is just a Fathers blessings and he blesses his children that they can have a good school year and be strong and avoid temptations that are out there in the world and that they will pick good friends and be good friends to all .. ( I wanted to mention this because if you read the Ensign we are suppose to share some of our feelings on are blog about what we do in our Church for others to read, and plus like you all i wanted to use this as one of my journal also..) sorry this is so long.. then off to bed they went and it was a nice quiet evening, Boyd and I watched the Olympics and was so excited to see the mens swim team win it was so close! Oscar was up bright and early to get ready for school and Hallie was up when her alarm went off (i was her alarm) it was a good morning and I can't wait for them to get home, I will miss them they have been allot of fun this summer and we have had a good time being at home, this summer went by way to fast for us all.. I think i will make some cookies for when they get home today!




8 comments:

Will & Camie Shill said...

cute hair hal, i like your watch too! nice choice on your first day outfit! don't worry i always had to try everything on with everything just to make sure i had the perfect outfit as well as set it all out the night before! hope your first day of jr. high was awesome... you definately look the part!

Anonymous said...

I am having a mid-life sending my youngest to Jr. High! It was kind of hard, but oh well not much I can do about it.

The girls said they saw Hallie. They have some classes with her. I am glad we got the first day under our belts!

Anonymous said...

One more thing...Hallie looks really cute! The bottom picture is quite "model-like". Reminds me of when Darcel took pictures of us trying to be models at the Temple.....

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

ha ha ya she came home in a good mood and had a fun time and liked all her teacher (under my breath i said its only the first day) but she did say that she has some classes with them thats good maybe they could have a shot at tring for poston panthers pom! did we ever do that??? can't remember or was it a westwood... we can teach them to throw like we did..ha

Malissa said...

They look so cute...Hallie is so pretty and her haircut is very cute!!

Hannah + 4 said...

Well I'm glad she finally decided on something. And I was not like that... She looks cute. So does Oscar, But mother he is not a missionary, No one does the side part with the big swoop, :)

Janie said...

Chris, you are my favorite blogging aunt.

Chris, Mom,and Grandma said...

I'm your only Aunt that BLogs, thanks Janie..