Thursday, January 1, 2009

It was a wonderful Christmas

These are just a few of some of the events that happen during Christmas Break, First off we had a wonderful Christmas and one that will always be close to my heart, We had a wonderful Adult Christmas Dinner at my Sister's Janene and Ralphs home it was fun to have all mu sisters and brother's there with lots of memories that were shared and especially being able to spend another Christmas with my Parents, Then we had Christmas Breakfast at my Moms and all of her siblings pitched in this year and helped her with the cooking, Lida and I were in charge of the eggs and we well our husband cooked five dozen eggs! we had hash brown, sausage, pancakes and orange juice, then we had the privilege of being invited to go to Rocky Point and to give some of our service to help build homes for some families down there "Families helping Families" Ralph asked if we would like to help with the big party that he will give to all the people that participated in the project and make some of our chimichanga's and cheese crisp of course I would want to do this and we also were able to help with the building of the homes (Boyd and Zac) they had a great time and it is the coolest thing knowing that someone that has been living in next to nothing will have the privilege of having a home of there own. Boyd was not having any calls for interviews so we thought we would go down and help out, instead of being at home and probably driving each other in sane and worrying if the phone would ring, plus he got to do some physical work that was much needed for him to wart of some stress.... so we made 150 Chimi's and 72 cheese crisp, and a big bowl of guacamole and some of his delicious mango salsa.. it was allot of fun and the kids had a great time being there, Thank you Ralph for letting is be there to help.. This is a amazing Family Project and if you want a neat experience with your family i highly suggest you do this one year it is really neat and just seeing all these families work together to get these houses done..



Hallie feeding the seagulls off the balcony


Oscar at cholla Bay collecting shells


Feeding some more seagulls


the gang at Cholla Bay


Hallie holding a Hermit Crab that she found

This is one of our favorite places to eat Anita and Jesus and here are the two Oscar's they share each other's name...


we just thought this was so cool more birds to feed

Making all the Chimi's for the Party...

The Family in Ralph and Janene's Condo

Christmas dinner at Janene's this is my sister Trish, she just got out of the hospital from having a bad case of Valley Fever..we are all glad she is feeling better and is here with us...


My wonderful parents who we are all blessed to have with us, we love you Dad and Mom


My wonderful sisters who I love very much...



Janene's beautiful table

Christmas morning at the Shill's


The cutest grand kids ever....

Christmas breakfast at my Dad and Mom's



And this the best.. My Mom still can ride a bike, I love this picture...


Christmas breakfast


More breakfast pictures....

6 comments:

David and Stacey said...

you are finally home. so much has happened since you were gone, we now have 5 children, David got his Doctorate in Chemical Engineering and we now in in California. A lot happens when you are out of town! Hope you guys are well! Stacey

Anonymous said...

You are so charitable and Christ-like. I just got back from the dunes and all I did was eat and sit and play with evil face cards....glad to see you had a good Christmas! Looks like you had lots of fun. Fun to see your family too!

Will & Camie Shill said...

looks like lots of fun....we are gonna have to go next year!

gray-gang said...

Looks like you guys have had a nice Christmas break! I love hearing about your Families helping Families, that is such a neat thing! We would love to help out next time! What a rewarding experience! I cant believe how big your kids are getting! Hallie is so gorgeous and she doesnt look like a little girl anymore....when did she become a teenager? I saw Oscar at church today and still cant get over how tall he is! He is so cute! Savanna was so excited to see him! I was telling him that he has gotten so tall since I saw him last and he matter of factly said it was because he is playing lots of basketball at school and every time he jumps to make a basket, his legs grow longer! Wow, he put thought into that! :) He is so cute, I miss hearing all the fun things he says. We miss you guys! Take Care Chris and we hope your family has a wonderful New Year!

Susan said...

I love checking in on your blog and seeing what your family is doing. I'm such a slacker but I love reading everyone's blogs. Sounds like you all had a great Christmas, I love seeing your pictures of your Mom and Dad. What a fun family with all you great traditions. Take care!

Gail said...

What a great idea to go a serve during your holiday and so good for your kids! I love the picture of your mom too! she's so cute:)