Thursday, July 17, 2008

EXCITING DAY FOR HALLIE!!!!!!!!!!!


BEFORE

Megan Dr. Olson's asst. helping Hallie with her new CONTACTS!!!!!

The Demo

After a few tries (like 45 min.)! she finally got the hang of it, putting them in and taking them out! Way to go Hallie!!!!


AFTER!!! Doesn't she look FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! her eyes were really irritating her after her lessons of learning to put them in and take them out! Dr. Jeremy Olson was the best along with his staff, Hallie has an unsual eye and so these are pretty special contacts one of which Dr. Olson said Hallie was probably the only one in the North American Contentant that has this kind of contact! He said they were special made just for her eyes. So we are hoping that in a few years her site will improve and she won't have to have such a strong perscription! she is so excited and we are so happy for her, I think it is sort of amuzing that my two girls have there dads eyes and my boys must have mine, but all and all we are pretty blessed to have such good kids and good Dr. that care about them..... It was a great day for Hallie and for us! hopefully she will beable to get them back in, in the morning!! ha

6 comments:

Malissa said...

Hopefully she will!! She looks gorgeous...as always!! Some of my funniest childhood memories are of Kimmy trying to get her contacts in in the morning...and we would miss A-hour, 1st period, sometimes second period..it was loads of fun!! Well, for me anyways!!

Kristy said...

LOL! I had the same thought as malissa!! I was also going to say, if Hallie needs any pointers or help, she can call Kimmy. She is a pro now-a-days. Not so much when she first got them.

Autumn said...

I remember taking SEVERAL times to finally get the contacts in. You wouldn't think it would be so difficult. I was so embarrased having everyone else that was in the office stare at me. So now when I go into a doctors office and someone is trying to get the contacts in for the first time, I try my hardest to not look at them so they won't feel like I did. Yes, chris we are really like the Marana area,...Tucson, not so much. But we love the town we are in. And I haven't started the cookies yet. Probably after Owen and Felicity are in school. Besides, I could barely roll out the dough anyway with my prego belly bumpin' into the counter so much!

Anonymous said...

I tried contacts a few months ago in a vain attempt to prolong the use of bifocals. They are very difficult to deal with! Needless to say, I couldn't stand them. So I gave up and just live every day blind...

Peterson Fam said...

She looks pretty enthusiastic in that first picture! How fun for her to have contacts...it is a memorable experience. I always had issues breaking them because you had to clean them with your fingertips and for some reason I would crush my contacts. Hopefully she doesn't have to clean hers like that and hopefully they last her a LONG time. She looks great!

Katie said...

That is exciting! I got contacts when I was 14 and I loved not wearing glasses anymore!