Monday, April 21, 2008

"Little Jack has left us"


It was a pretty sad few days at the Shill's house, Jack started getting sick on Wednesday not eating having direahea and vomiting so i took him to the Vet and he tested positive for Parvo!! Not good news for us, So the dr. sent home a I V bag and some anti medicine and a pill to try to control the sickness, we were all in hopes that Jack would get better and we could nurse him back to health, Well on Friday we had to leave out of town cause Hallie was performing at Disneyland "The happiest Place on Earth" well while we were gone, Willie took over (which we new he would give Jack great care cause if you know Willie he is very tendered hearted) he did his best and came over twice on Friday to try to get Jack to drink some water.. when he came back Jack wasn't doing good at all and just layed there with glazed eyes Willie said he lifted he's head and Jack took two breaths and was gone! "Willie said it was like he was waiting for someone to come back so he could tell them goodbye!" So while we were at Disneyland Willie called and told us the news, We were all crying and I am sure people were wondering why we were crying at the Happiest Place on Earth, it was a sad evening for us. But I just want Willie and Hannah to know how much we appreciated them taking care of Jack while we were gone, Willie buried him in his favorite spot were he would lay during the day and made a little stick with his name on it, Thanks Willie for all that you did for Hallie and Oscar and us We love you..

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am SO sorry! That makes me very sad. Your comment about him waiting for someone to come so that he could say goodbye really got to me. Dogs are such good friends and so very loyal. I feel for ya!

Kristy said...

I never met little Jack, but I am very sorry to hear this story. Poor little dog.

Rogers Family said...

That is so sad I got teary eyed and I don't even like animals that much.. SAD STORY CHRIS.. glad you guys had such a great time at the airport I mean disneyland. lol... great stories girl.. Leave it up to the Shills... love ya

Karen said...

Oh dang. I hate to get close to our dogs because something dreadful like this always happens. I'm surprised my kids don't need some kind of therapy with all the sad dog stories we've put them through! I'm so sorry!

Malissa said...

Oh, this is so sad! Jack was so cute! Parvo is in the air this season, everyone is getting it...well every dog, I swear! That's so nice that Willie buried him for you and took care of everything!

Peterson Fam said...

Poor little guy! He is so cute and I bet so sweet! Sorry he didn't make it! What a sad little story...but so sweet too.