Wednesday, February 4, 2009

BECAUSE OF THIS!!!


Because of this culprit (a toothpick) led Oscar to urgent care, Sunday after the super bowl Oscar was playing in the playroom kicking a balloon and happen to kick a toothpick and it landed in his baby toe! well he pulled it out and Boyd looked to see if there was any splinters left in his toe, he pulled a few, put peroxide on it and we thought good to go, little did we know, that we ended up in Urgent Care Tuesday night cause it looked alittle infected and I didn't want to mess with infection!


So this is the BRAVE little guy who sat there while they stuck a needle in his toe, so they could slice it open a little to see if there was any wood left in his toe! they didn't see any, so it led to this


Oscar had to get a BIG dose of Antibiotic right in his Buttocks!!! which led to this

Having to soak his foot FOUR times a day for four days along with taking a oral antibiotic for ten days, and proping it up and stays home from school for two days.. I didn't think a toothpick could do such harm, but the Dr. said our bodies do not take to organic substance like wood and it because of the bacteria that could of been on it, he had a red streak going up his foot that the Dr. showed us which is a sign of infection which is not good, non the less I'm just glad we felt like it should be looked at and that we listened to our feelings of going! They are an awesome urgent care if anyone has a need for after hours they are on Mckellips and Mesa Dr. and is called Southwest Urgent Care! they are very nice and I really like the Dr. there and I would go back in a heart beat!!!! Thank you Dr. Bingham for taking such good care of Oscar...

9 comments:

shillibeans said...

Sorry Osc! We all hope you get better soon! You are a very brave guy!

Karen said...

Oh dang I hate urgent care stuff ... but thank heaven for those shots! Gary had to be admitted into the hospital and undergo surgery for a splinter in his thumb when we were first married. Dang those foreign objects that try to maneuver their way into our bodies!

P.S. Keaton's date is Ms. Abernethy! Check out Kacey's blog for some better pictures.

Hannah Billy and Avree Baker said...

Poor Oscy.. (mom you need a new camera) :) Are you sure the doctor didn't say our bodies don't do well with things that aren't organic? I didn't think tooth picks were organic, aren't they held together by glue or something?

Marci said...

Ouch...poor guy! We have had our share of foreign objects implanted in our flesh too. Not fun!

Dave and Autumn said...

yeouch! Infections can be a pretty serious thing, i hope it is all better by now!

Marilyn said...

I would have cried at the shot in the toe. What a huge pain, just because of a toothpick. Hope he is doing better!

Gail said...

that is soo sad! You won't believe me, but Chelsea just had the same thing happen to her. She had socks on and a toothpick got caught up and went right into her heel! It was so painful and she thought she got it out, but I made her sister take her to urgent care and they had to remove some more. I'm so glad I made her go now. She might have had the same thing happen. Wierd, huh? Hope he's better soon

Chris and Heather said...

Bummer dude! Glad you caught it before we would need to call him "stumpy"

Ericka Johnson said...

Poor Oscar! Glad he is ok.